Profile was a distributed learning environment. Courses were created as a set of HTML files. An outline is used to generate a description of the course, along with a set of objectives and test questions. The course is loaded into the browser along with a Java applet that can be used for navigation.
The Profile system was used to deploy on-line training to several of PRI's customers including Oracle.
Users of the Profile client could:
- Use the next and previous buttons to move through the course as it was designed
- Bring up a control panel for advanced features
- Use an outline to navigate the course, jumping to specific topics
- Search the course, looking for keywords or regular expressions
- Complete question and answers
- Meet objectives
- Use a historical list to navigate the course, jumping to pages they have seen before.